REPLACEMENT OF BACKEND STORAGE SYSTEM AND CUSTOMER PORTAL
Important communication information
Our new operational system ESMS, Energy Storage Management System is now open to receive your nomination to storage for the Gas Day 01-10-2022 and beyond. Concurrently with the opening of ESMS, we are launching a new CUSTOMER PORTAL.
Please find below an explanation on the planned switch from our old system to ESMS. Also, please note that a corresponding switch is planned for the Danish TSOs system for gas transport management. The two switches are coordinated, and the below description is valid for both.
The overall approach is:
- Shippers are able to keep communicating towards Energinet’s old backend system GTMS and Gas Storage Denmark’s old backend Storage Management System until the end of the Gas Day 30-09-2022.
- Messages (NOMINT etc.) received for a Gas Day in September will be answered by Energinet’s old system or Gas Storage Denmark’s old system depending on which system you are communicating with.
- Messages received by our old systems before 01-10-2022 for a Gas Day after 01-10-2022 will be forwarded by us to the new systems. The new systems will reply to you. As such: your request sent to our old system will be answered by our new system.
- Because of the forementioned differentiation between Gas Days in September and October, it may happen, that on a single day you will receive messages from our new systems and our old systems. This is most likely to happen on September 30th if you are re-nominating for September 30th and nominating for October 1st.
- From 1 October you will receive balancing messages from Energinet’s new backend system cpX.
- From 1 October you will need to switch your system to send messages to our new systems. You can switch at any time, once your are finished renominating for the Gas Day 30-09-2022.
- If you use Energinet Online or GSD Customer Portal for nomination, please be aware that you need to use the old Energinet Online and old GSD Customer Portal for nominating for Gas Days in September until and including 30-09-2022. For nominating for the Gas Day 01-10-2022 and beyond you need to use the new Energinet Online and new GSD Customer Portal. Nominations made on the old portals for Gas Days from 01-10-2022 and beyond will not be copied to the new system.
We received feedback that some system may not be able to handle a situation, where a message sent to one system is answered by another system. In such case, we recommend the following:
- Keep sending messages to our old systems until and including Gas Day 30 September.
- Switch your connection from our old systems to the new systems before you start nominating for the Gas Day 01-10-2022 and beyond. The switch can be performed any time from now on.
- After the switch to the new system, you can start nominating for the Gas Day 01-10-2022 and you will be replied by our new systems.
- After the switch, any messages related to Gas Days in September will be ignored. If you need to renominate for Gas Days in September, please use our old Customer Portals, Energinet Online or GSD Customer Portal.
Finally, we would like to wave that there may be “turbulent” communication the first days in October which may result in a mismatch between transmission and storage. In such case, please STAY CALM. Forward a mail with your observations and the way you wish to nominate to email@example.com, cc. firstname.lastname@example.org. We shall take care of your requests one by one and make sure that all hourly nominations to storage and transmission systems are corrected and matched Ex-Post the go-live. We shall make sure that you don’t face any imbalances in the gas system.
If you have any questions to the above, please contact us.